Carry recommends this with this month’s Wine Club selections, Altos or Caves de Tain Syrah.
- 1 5lb whole chicken cut up
- 1 sweet Vidalia onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ container cremini mushrooms
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 handful Kalamata olives halved
- 1 32oz can whole san Marzano tomatoes
- 1 16oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
Empty can of whole San Marzano tomatoes in bowl and break up tomatoes with either hands or potato masher, set aside. Break down whole chicken into legs, thighs and halve the breasts. Brown chicken on both sides and remove from pan. Add onions, red bell pepper, mushrooms, red pepper flake and rosemary. Sauté until soft and slightly browned. Add garlic until soft. Deglaze with vinegar and add capers, tomatoes and olives. Add chicken back to pan and simmer for one hour.