This is a fabulous winter salad and fantastic with this month’s white Georgian wine.
The Meredith Marinated Feta was last month’s Cheese Club and a big hit. We thought we’d share a great recipe for it… not that it’s not just fantastic by itself!
- 5 tbsp. citrus balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 blood oranges, peeled, pith removed and sliced crosswise, 1⁄4″ thick
- 1 Cara Cara orange, peeled, pith removed and sliced crosswise, 1⁄4″ thick
- 1 navel orange, peeled, pith removed and sliced crosswise, 1⁄4″ thick
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped, roasted, salted pistachios
- 3 cups packed baby arugula
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. crumbled Meredith Dairy Marinated Feta
Place 3 tbsp. vinegar and onion in a bowl and let sit 15 minutes; drain, discarding vinegar. Arrange the orange slices in alternating colors on a large plate or platter. Sprinkle with mint, pistachios, and the marinated red onions. Toss remaining vinegar, the arugula, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pile the arugula in the center of the oranges and sprinkle with marinated feta slices or crumbles. Serve immediately.