This is a fabulous recipe for meat loaf. It uses bacon of course!!! We recommend picking up a jar of Stonewall Kitchen’s fabulous ketchup for this. You won’t regret it, especially if you are a ketchup lover. Tell us you read this and get 10% off a jar during the month of March!
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 TBL quality ketchup (Stonewall Kitchen’s is fabulous!)
- 2 TBLS of chopped fresh parsley or 1 TBLS of dried
- ½ cup of old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup of panko crumbs
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs ground chuck (not lean) (or use game, mixed with veal or pork)
- 2 slices of bacon, halved crosswise
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
In a bowl whisk the eggs. Whisk in the onion, 4 tablespoons of the ketchup, oatmeal, panko, Worcestershire, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Add the chuck and blend the mixture with your hands until it’s just combined (do not over mix).
Place the mixture in a lightly oiled loaf pan, spread the remaining 2 tablespoons of ketchup over the loaf and then drape the bacon across the top. Bake in the middle of the over for 40 minutes.